Monday, November 7, 2011

Family

The holidays are always a special time in my family. We come together to laugh and celebrate being together. It is always an absolute love fest. I look forward to Thanksgiving with my dad's side of the family and Christmas with my mom's. This is the first year in 35 that my holiday is going to look a little different. A little is truly an understatement. I am not even going to be in the same state with anyone in my "family".

I am spending my first holiday away from the shelter of mom, dad, aunts, and uncles. I have been so completely happy about the person that I am going to be with that I had forgotten about those that I will be leaving behind. I guess it's going to be bitter sweet.... I say that I guess because it seems like the statement that is "supposed" to go there. I am supposed to feel some since of sadness. Truthfully, I am just happy. I am happy to be embarking on this new journey with my new family.

He is my family. He is in every single sense of the word and I am thankful and amazed that he has opened himself up to me.... He is my family. :) I think that's about all I have to say about that.

No comments: