Sunday, June 6, 2010

King David

I have been reading the bible stories about King David. I always thought that King David was interesting, but I never really felt like I identified with him at all. I remember wondering how he could be so loved by God. I only understood him in terms of being an adulterer and a murderer. I am so thankful that my reading lead me to see what all the fuss was about. King David was a murderer. King David was an adulterer. But King David never allowed his sin to keep him separated from God. He loved the Lord so much that he was quick to repentance and always had a praise before him. He loved the Lord more than the things of this world and that is a part of why he was so loved by God. King David's story touched me anew as I was reading. It reminded me of God's love. God's desire is that all turn to Him. He wants to forgive us in spite of whatever wrongs we purpose in our hearts. That is so comforting and so wonderful.

No comments: