Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Stumbling

Stumbling

I am starting to think that it’s over.
The us has become two.
The we that existed, will never be.
All that is left is a me and a you.

I am starting to think that it happened a while ago.
Your kisses left my mouth, retreating to my cheeks.
Silence filled our bedroom.
Eclipsing the sound of us between the sheets.

I am starting to think that you knew.
Each day I ceased to supply the airwaves
with a call, helped ease your desire
to speak to me at all.

I am starting to think that I wanted this.
Your kisses did not retreat.
They met the closest thing offered.
Our conversations ceased to be
because dead silence muddled your words
making me realize that we could not be
where I no longer was.


*************I bet you think this poem is about you, don't you don't you? Well, unless you were in my life in 2001 it's NOT!***************

No comments: