Wednesday, September 3, 2008

You Can't Beat God Giving

A few days ago a friend of mine called to check on me. We talked about my health issues and my difficulty finding a job. We prayed on the spot. He told me that he wanted to think about some things and he would get back to me. I knew that something would happen because he is the same person that prayed for me to be healed a couple years ago. (Thank God for 2 years of no pain or complication)
I saw him and his wife at church tonight. She asked me if I still needed money to pay for fingerprinting so that I could substitute teach. I told her I did. She told me they'd discussed it and decided to give me the money. She and I walked to their car after church in search of the missing husband. He was already there writing me the check. As he was handing it to me, another gentleman walked up and placed a check in his hand. The check he received covered the check that he'd written and then some. I was speechless. We were all so happy and excited. This just goes to show, you can't beat God giving.

1 comment:

Candy said...

So I went to HR to be fingerprinted. I walked up to the desk and was greeted by a familiar face. She asked, "what can I do for you?" I told her I needed to be fingerprinted in order to substitute. She told me that would not be necessary. I would only need to fill out a few forms. I asked if the policy had changed. She told me it had not. I was soooooooo happy I could hardly contain myself. I'm sure my friends were too....when I returned their $65. :o