Monday, September 22, 2008

One Down

So today I decided that I had to do something win or lose. When I woke up I was having the craziest dream and it made me feel like your life is going to be just like your nightmares if you don't step up. The first order of business was to get out of the house. I decided to go to the church to volunteer for a few hours. This probably was the hardest part of my day. The decision part of it that is. I think there is fundamentally something wrong with free labor.

Anyhow, I ended up proctoring tests for two students. It was a bit mundane, but the principal seemed to be sincerely pleased that he wouldn't have the task anymore. The look on his face was enough to make it worth my while. I spent about 4 hours doing this and then I was presented with an opportunity to really see if I was ready to go into battle.

I'm not going to give it a lot of lip service because I'm selfish and I'm still truly on cloud nine. I am proud of myself though. I was able to do something that had been weighing me down for months. I was still afraid. I was still unsure of myself and utterly dreading the outcome. The thing is stepping out was the hardest part. When it was over I felt completely free like I didn't have a care in the world. And I am still basking in that feeling. I have no idea if the ultimate outcome will be what is considered favorable. I just know that this is one battle I've already won.

No comments: