Sunday, July 14, 2013

I Am Cory Monteith

I am Cory Monteith because I battle with addiction too.
Like many addicts I do a great job of hiding my addiction to food.

Many who see me look at me and would never know.
I hide it so well under the choice of my clothes.

Food isn't something that they would talk about me for if I died.
Food isn't drugs or alcohol, though both are things I've tried.

Food wouldn't cause people to post hateful things like its good that I'm gone.
Food, the thing that killed me, would flood my family's homes.

There would be chickens and hams, along with a mouth watering assortment of dessert treats.
My family would cry, laugh, and talk about how I loved to eat.

No one would talk about stints in rehab.
Since food is my addiction they wouldn't know the failures I've had.

My mother would be able to mourn me in peace.
Unlike the family of Cory Monteith.

We are all addicted to something be it drugs, food, alcohol, work even love
My hope is that Cory made peace with the man above.

I cannot ridicule or bash him because I've been honest with me.
My addiction to food could very well kill me.

Adayinthelife:-)

No comments: