Thursday, July 11, 2013

His Favor Is Free

"He loved me when I didn't know how to love my self."

We live in a time where we are taught to withhold our feelings until the other person shares theirs. Choose someone who loves you more than you love them is one of the things that is passed down from generation to generation. I always thought that last tidbit was crazy until I thought about how it should be applied. We can all choose someone who loves us more than we love them. All we have to do is choose Jesus.

Think about it. Each of us is searching or has searched for someone who would place us above all others. He/She would show us the type of love and attention that we only imagined. Each day would be a new day filled with promise and hope. Home would be some magnificent place that everyone looked at with envy. If this were not the case we wouldn't have sayings like keeping up with the Jones's. We certainly wouldn't have a generation of people consumed by so much debt. From hair weaves, to fancy cars, and breast implants, America is full of people desperately seeking favor.

But we are not looking in the right place. If we look to His word, we will find declaration after declaration of God's freely given favor.

Psalms 23:6 KJV -

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.


Jeremiah 29:11 KJV

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord , thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.


Jeremiah 33:3 KJV

Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.


Psalms 103:19 KJV

The Lord hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all.


These verses are only a small sample of God reaching out to us. He knows that we will cheat on Him with the love we have for our mate. He knows that we will push Him to the side for work or leisure or just because we've had a long day and need some me time. He knows it and still with open arms He says

Matthew 11:28 KJV

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.


His desire is to give you the type of favor that is not only free but can only be described as unfair.

Adayinthelife:-)

No comments: