Friday, July 5, 2013

Pizza, Food For The Soul

It is no secret that pizza is my favorite food. I could live happily eating pizza every single day. Pizza is great homemade, store bought, and delivered. I have had pizza that I didn't prefer, but I've yet to encounter one that I won't eat. The thing that I love about pizza is that there are so many different varieties that even if I ate it everyday the meal wouldn't be the same. As a matter of fact, even if I ate a slice from the same pepperoni pizza everyday, it would still taste new. There would still be something in the ingredients that popped out. Consuming pizza is just that kind of experience for me. It remains the same, but is ever changing.

Well guess what, pizza is just like the word of God. I can live happily eating it everyday. The Word of God is great everywhere. You can consume it in the sanctuary, over the internet, and even via phone every Wednesday and Sunday night with Sunday Morning Breakfast :-). Regardless of where you are, the Word of God is one satisfying meal.

Like pizza, the Word also comes in many different varieties. There's King James (the pepperoni of bibles), the New International Version, and The Message to name a few. Each version, like the different books of the bible,  provides its own flavor to please different pallets.  If you are craving a Pizza Hut style pizza, try opening the King James version and feasting on Genesis or maybe Psalms. In the mood for Domino's? Sit down with Daniel or perhaps even Matthew. If you are in search of a jazzier flavor, dive into the Message and enjoy John or Acts. My point is if you treat the word of God like your favorite meal the one that you just can't live without your spirit will continuously be fed. The presentation may vary just like Papa John's, Domino's, or Pizza Hut. But the Word, the food for your soul, will always be the same.

Adayinthelife:-)

1 comment:

Steve Finnell said...

YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY CHRISTIAN BLOG