Friday, April 23, 2010

Settling In

I've had such a stress filled week. It was the kind of week where one day blended into the next. There were sleepless nights and days filled with one thing and then the other. Last night was the hardest for me because I had to put on a hat that I wasn't ready to wear. I had to be for my new friend the person that I have been for so many others in the past. The difference was everything is still so new. Everything is still so fresh.

I found myself looking at him with absolute wonder. He needed me. It was that simple, yet a part of me felt the weight of it in a way I haven't before. I told him that it feels like we've gone from zero to five million in record time. The calendar says one month has passed, but we have traveled so far beyond that. I feel him when we are apart. I long to see him when he momentarily leaves the room. He is becoming such an important part of my life. This morning I went to check on him and I realized that I was settling in. The care and concern are becoming second nature. My desires for me are becoming desires for us. I love it. I absolutely love the space I'm in.

No comments: