Thursday, April 1, 2010

Letting Go of the Hurt

Yesterday I had to call up my ex for advice. I had to call him because he knows me. He knows my heart and he knows how easy it is for me to be hurt. I don't think he knew how hard it was to call him for advice. I don't think he knew how hard it was for me to admit that he was the only one who knew what was really going on on the inside. He was the only one who knew how hard it was for me to stay with him and how devastated I was to walk away. He understood that what is before me is not a cut and dry decision. It is another blow to something that has been dying for a long time.

I am supposed to be this little beacon of hope. I'm supposed to be writing this post so that someone somewhere can walk away with something positive. It's hard to do when the person writing just keeps feeling like she has to walk away and this time there's just nothing positive about it.

No comments: