Saturday, October 11, 2014

Reuniting Doesn't Always Feel So Good

This past week was very challenging for me. Trying to manage things at work and adjust to life after Lasik. Everyday I reminded myself that things would get better and that everything would be just fine as long as I remembered that I was one day closer to reunion. I know that it is not important to some people, but I had been looking forward to it. I was so excited that I talked about it with the kids at school everyday.
I left on Thursday to make sure that I got there for everything on Friday. I had a mental itinerary, a must do and may do list, and enough excitement for everyone those who were attending and those who were not. I did everything except consider the possibility that I would not attend my reunion.
Yesterday, I was reminded all day long that the best laid plans don't always work out. Flight after flight left without me on it. In the early morning hours, I was hopeful. I went down the must do/may do list and realized all would not be lost if I just got on the next plane to Florida.
It never happened and I ended up on a plane back to Baton Rouge. I was happy to end the 13 hour standoff with Delta, but I was so sad about what happened to my wonderful plans.
When I landed, I received a message from my friend Marcie. She told me how sorry she was that it hadn't worked out. She told me how happy she was that at least I was no longer being held hostage in Atlanta. Then she told me to remember how much I am loved.
I wrote this because the love that she spoke of wasn't just the love of family and friends. The love that she spoke of was the love of God. Throughout the day yesterday Marcie and I talked about the people that I wouldn't see. We talked about not getting to spend the day with my God-daughter, missing the game with friends, and not seeing my dad. We also talked about God and how His love would cover all of the day entailed good or bad.
We talked about how God had a plan, a must do/may do list, and more excitement than all of us combined. What was so interesting about my talks with Marcie was that she led them. She said to me "remember your faith. Know that in all of this God is still working for you. He's going to make this alright."
She even laughed and said "can you believe I am the one that is saying this to you? This is what you've always done for me." I can't believe that I didn't get to see everyone, but I did get to see God. There is a blessing in everything.

Adayinthelife :-)

No comments: