Friday, March 12, 2010

Fresh

I wanted to write last night, but by the time I reached my home I was wondering how I would be able to sleep with so much on my mind. For two days in a row there was mess in my life where there is generally serenity. I have a new mind this morning. I have a new thought and it is simply if it ain't broke why fix it?

I've had so much time to examine my life and examine my motives. I am focused on being a better christian. I simply can't be bothered with anything that is going to compromise that. People have been saying to branch out and meet new people. I happen to love the friends I have. I happen to love the fact that I have friendships that have outlasted the lastest wave of gossip. I happen to love being able to look back over my life and say I've grown up with these people. And that is just the thing, I've GROWN. I have zero tolerance for a lot of stuff that other people simply haven't outgrown. Should I have to regress because they are not where I am? I think not.

I have more to say, but it is on a different topic so I will address that later today. I promise, it's much more upbeat than this. :)

No comments: