Friday, May 14, 2010

The Devil Is Busy

This morning I came to work excited about the end of another work week. I had a song in my head and it seemed all was well. I opened my email for another attack. In the past couple of days I've been called a horrible person, uncaring, waste of space, you name it. This morning the parent of one of my students took it a bit farther. Every single word in this wonderful email was either lie or threat and I sat there just dumb founded. I didn't know what to say or do. I didn't know where it would even originate from. Her child is a straight A student. Her child is in my mentoring group. Her child has called and texted me at all hours of the day and night, but before many of you even thought of breakfast the mother made me feel like getting my purse and walking off my job.

As a teacher, this has been my lowest week. I've wanted to just leave so many times. I was told yesterday, "You are an adult. Brush it off." How does one stand on the front line day after day and do that? This morning when stunned turned to tears I started to sing a song. No weapon formed against me shall prosper. It is a simple verse, a comforting scripture. The tears didn't immediately stop, but I was comforted. I remembered also my favorite favorite scripture "The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still." (NIV version)

I know that I am being tried and tested for my good. I just ask that you all pray for me. It is getting harder to just stand.

No comments: