Monday, May 10, 2010

Faith Can Move Mountains

This has been an incredible 7 days. I can hardly explain what it feels like this morning. Last night was my first restless night in a week. This morning, bright and early, I found out why. My initial reaction was shock and sadness. But it felt manufactured. It felt inappropriate. It felt like it belonged to someone else. I considered not going to work. I considered climbing into bed and hiding behind the covers. Something told me to get dressed. Something told me to just move and it would be fine. I got in the car and in my cd player was the answer to my prayers. I cranked up the car and Whose Report was playing. In an instant, I felt relief. In an instant I knew, God's got it. I listened to the song as if for the first time. The way it made me feel was simply loved.

I followed it with It Will Be Alright. I already felt like it would be, but then I knew. I knew that my faith had surpassed any place that it had ever been. I knew that I was walking a new walk. I knew that I was living a different life and the reason the feeling felt inappropriate is because it was. I am God's peculiar treasure. He has His hand on me and what looked like the start of a bad day is just beautiful.

No comments: