Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I'm Not Sad at All

I'm writing right now out of necessity instead of desire. It's only 9AM and the glow of another peaceful night's sleep is starting to fade. I have already spent two hours searching the internet. I have already started the process of what may turn out to be my next endeavor. I have already done so much today, but it feels like I haven't done anything. It feels like I haven't even awaken from my sleep. It feels like my day so far is a part of some dream I keep having.

I keep wondering when I will feel sadness over the loss of my job. I'm not wondering because I want to feel sad. I wondering because people keep asking me why I'm not. I haven't shed a tear or felt down. I haven't done anything except been at peace. Somehow that doesn't seem to be enough. The question I keep getting is will you go home? I am puzzled because I am home. I live in Tallahassee. I didn't move here for Lincoln. I moved here for God. God still has work for me to do right here. God put Tallahassee in my heart when all I wanted was my mama, my family/friends, and Westcoast.

I was speaking to one of my sisters about how God keeps giving me the things I always wanted. I always wanted to work at an A school. I can say that I've done that. I always wanted to work for Atlanta Public Schools. I was offered that. I believe that God is on the verge on granting some of my other desires. Only this time, I think He is working on the ones that are in my heart way down on the inside. I am so hopeful and so optimistic about what is to come. So I say to all of you, please don't feel sad for me. My future is in God's hands and that is all right with me.

No comments: