Thursday, March 10, 2011

I Can't Be to you in the Future What I was to you in the Past

I remember sitting in church toward the end of last year listening to Henry deliver another magnificent message. I still hear him saying you will have to tell people that you cannot be to them in the future what you had been in the past. I thought, what a witty thing to say. I totally love it. I loved it so much that I immediately used it on a couple of people.

This morning I wish I just had a poster or a sticker or something that had the phrase on it so I wouldn't have to do anything except hold it up. I am worn out from years of yeses that should have been no. This no is so hard. It is weighing on me because I am in such a great place right now that I just don't have time to process. I don't have time to give someone else's issue one shred of attention. I just want to continue feeling happy. I just want to continue feeling empowered. I just want to continue moving forward without having to think about what the necessity of my no will mean.

No comments: