Sunday, January 27, 2013

Didn't We All Have An Egg Baby?

I found myself thinking about Xavier & Shoniqua. What ever became of the twins that had semi ghetto names and an entire backstory to match. Xavier in his blue basket was perhaps the cutest baby that I'd ever seen. Well, until I met his cutie pie sister Shoniqua. Not one person in the 9th grade had anything on my twin egg babies. LOL! It's midnight and all I can think of is egg babies. Imagine me sighing there because I did. It was a sad sigh with just a hint of nostalgia and the tiredness that only 20 years can explain. I of course won't pretend to be able to explain away 20 years. I can barely put into words the last 20 minutes. I'm just thinking of the thoughts I had as a freshman. I wanted to be refined, but in those days I was more than just a little rough around the edges. There was a fire in me then. I was tiny, but I felt I had to speak louder, think louder, be louder. I usually succeeded and then I'd end my days with a sigh. The same sigh that ushered in the thoughts of egg babies past. Adayinthelife

No comments: