Saturday, February 9, 2013

Nobody's Supposed To Be Here

"How did you get here? Nobody's supposed to be here. I've tried this love thing for the last time." For a few days now, those words have popped up in my head off and on. I don't know about anybody else, but that used to be my song. I hear Deborah Cox singing her little heart out with me trying in vain to mimic her. It was something to see and hear me doing Deborah. In the days when the song first came out, I loved it because it captured all of the heartache that I had stored down on the inside. I can recall the feelings yet not specifically the names of the ones who appeared to have broken in and claimed my heart when in all actuality broken was the only thing that would linger. This time it's playing in my head, but it is not to signal an intruder. This time I hear it and it is just a song. It is just a remembrance. Wait a minute. That's true and untrue all at once.... I smile when I hear it so it has no pull or association with heartache. Nobody's supposed to be here isn't a whimsical thought or a plea either. Nobody is supposed to be here is an aha. It is a statement almost like "Beware of the dog". Those signs are placed on fences and in yards to let you know that if you step beyond that point the guard dog is going to attack. If you step beyond that point, you might get bitten, knocked down, or chewed to pieces. The bottom line is you will not get in. I can tell you that my fear of dogs is always heightened when I see those signs. My heart beats a little faster and I am certain that the guard of the house will in fact keep me out. I am so certain that I usually turn around and head in the other direction. I respect the keeper of the house. I respect that the guard's loyalty and love is such that I do not stand a chance. How did you get here? I imagine it looked like the door was opened. However, my suggestion is for you to read the warning sign. Nobody's supposed to be here. Adayinthelife :-)

No comments: