Friday, November 8, 2013

Are Your Words Tearing Down Your House?


Just be a man about it is what she said to her husband one fall day.
The words she said in haste would cost more than she wanted to pay.

It began with her acting like he was important only on days she would choose.
Then there were the words she never thought she'd use.

She called him names in anger. Deadbeat, cheater, and dog is what she said.
Speaking to one girlfriend and then the next talking out of the side of her head.

I can't stand his lying. He ain't nothing but a lowlife.
I can't believe I had a baby with that loser. He's the worse thing in my life.

Why did you let me talk to him? He's nothing but a mama's boy.
Won't take out the trash or nothing and he don't even have a car.

What would he know about talking to the kids? I told them to ignore him.
Why would they need to listen to him anyways? With no job he can't support them.

For hours she talked until she felt she was through.
Along the way her girlfriend listened and her kids did too.

They heard the way she spoke about their father and wondered to themselves
Why their mama never told anybody about the ways that he helped.

He taught them to ride their bikes, tie their shoes, the answer to 2+2
He even stayed up to tell them bible stories when mama was at school.

He told them about Joseph, Mary, and their son.
They liked hearing about Jesus because dad said he was the One.

Dad told them to try to live like Jesus because that is how he lived.
But mama said dad was no good not even for the kids.

Her words like angry missiles were tearing through the house.
She didn't know he heard them too and was planning to move out.

The note that he left for her crushed her to the core
I am a man he said, but I can't take this anymore.

You berate me, disrespect me, and dishonor my God
I am leaving this marriage. You can have the house

But my children belong to the Lord
Being a man means I cannot leave without them.


Proverbs 14:1 NIV

The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down.

Adayinthelife :-)

No comments: