Sunday, December 1, 2013

He Has Made Me Glad

Psalm 100:4 reads:

Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

This verse was used in one of my favorite songs This Is The Day. The lyrics are:

"I will enter His gates with thanksgiving in my heart;
I will enter His courts with praise.
I will say this is the day that the Lord has made.
I will rejoice for He has made me glad."

Within these lyrics we find the words thanksgiving, praise, and glad. I point them out for their significance.

The first line says I will enter His gates with thanksgiving in my heart. In this verse we see action. We are walking into the gates of heaven to meet God with thanksgiving in our hearts. This means that thanks must continuously be present. The bible tells us in Matthew 24:36 NIV

But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Because we don't know the moment that God will call, each one of our moments must reflect sincere thanks to God. The second line, I will enter his courts with praise echoes the first.  Psalms 34:1 KJV says

I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.

Continually looks like 24 hours a day 365 days a year of praises being sent up to God.

Let's look at the last two lines of the song, "I will say this is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice for He has made me glad." The bible tells us in

Psalms 92:4 NIV

For you make me glad by your deeds, Lord ; I sing for joy at what your hands have done.

Our rejoicing and gladness is due to the amazing works of God, His allowing us to live, His providing for our needs, and His being gracious and merciful enough to have made provision for us to spend eternity in His presence. We should begin each day with the declaration thank You Lord for waking me and live each day honoring the gift. My takeaway point is simply if you are faced with a moment of sadness say to yourself I will rejoice for with His holy hands God chose to make me.


Adayinthelife:-)

No comments: