Thursday, April 10, 2014

Against All Odds

Against all odds…
I’ve been here before
worry, despair, and depression
have knocked on my door.

I answered them once
I answered them twice
I opened my door to them
but I wasn’t little Ms. Nice.

What do you want?
What do you need?
Clearly you’re looking for someone
but it is not me.

I know that I let you in
a countless number of times before.
But, I’m stronger now and defeat
does not live here anymore.

My checking account says zero, 
but the water bill is due.
Add to that the mortgage, electricity,
and they want the car payment too.

But adversity, my God made me a promise
and I will share it with you.

He said,

I will never leave you
nor  forsake you.
Though, you may have troubles
in life to face.
Give no thought to tomorrow
that includes the bills that you have to pay.

If you deny yourself, take up your cross,
and only follow Me
I will be your guiding light.
I will supply all of your needs.

It doesn't matter that you lost your job.
It doesn't matter what the bank account has to say.
I, the Lord Your God, will sustain you.
Lean on me and I will make a way.

Tell worry there is no vacancy.
Tell despair there is no way it can enter the door.
Tell depression you are a tool of the enemy.
Don’t come around me anymore.

Then the Lord said,

Speak to your mountain
and tell it it has to move.
Believe the words as you say them Candy.
Trust Me to work through you.

Because you abide in Me, 
this much is true
whatsoever you ask of me
I will surely give to you.

I equipped David to slay Goliath.
I equipped Moses to part the Red Sea.
I equipped Jesus to survive temptation in the wilderness.
There is no adversity too hard for Me.
  
He said

believe the words I say to you Candy.
My words will never die.
Speak them to adversity when it comes to your door
No need to run and hide.

Boldly declare to your adversity
I am a child of the King.
Step away from my house you coward.
God has already won this battle for me.


Scripture reference:
Matthew 21:21
Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.

Adayinthelife:-)

No comments: