Thursday, May 7, 2015

What's Your Motive?

We all have reasons for doing things. There is a reason for waking up in the morning. There is a reason for getting out of bed, walking into the restroom, and for washing your face. There is a reason for every step, every word, every thought, and every action that follows. We acknowledge that for everything there is a reason and a season, but do we ever think about our own reasons? Do we ever stop and think about what motivates us to open our eyes, get out of bed, and start the routine of our day? God indeed has His motive, but what's your motive?

What's the motive behind the things that you do? When we woke up this morning, it was at God's command. He had His blueprint for each of us long before we ever knew what it was to be alive. God's motives are pure and they will bring about a decided end. But what is it that motivates you? Are your motives influenced by the things of God or are they born and developed inside of your own desires?

A strong foundation in God is essential to being motivated by the things of God. That wasn't easy to say and for many of us it hasn' t been so easy to accomplish. For me, the difficulty has been putting aside my own fears and failures. I have struggled with seeing the value of placing myself beneath others to actually gain the view that God has. Sure, I know how to shrink myself. I have actually mastered dumbing down what it is that I know. However, I haven't allowed my eyes to be opened in such a way that I see God's reasons for my actions. I haven't allowed myself to replace my motives with His. I haven't allowed myself to be completely motivated by the gift of serving Him and His purpose.

It is said that the first step in getting over a problem is admitting you have one. My name is Candy and I have previously been unable to line all of my motives up with God's. Step one.....


Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others
Philippians 2:3-4


Adayinthelife :-)

No comments: