Wednesday, October 21, 2015

The Right Place At The Right Time

Regardless of where you are, you're at the right place at the right time to be a blessing.

I am sitting in my living room all alone writing. I am not meditating within the walls of the sanctuary or kneeling before the pulpit crying out to God. I am not out visiting the sick or feeding the homeless. However, I am in the right place at the right time to be a blessing.

From right where I am, I have the world at my fingertips. I can post "Jesus loves you" and lift someone off their sick bed. I can text "I forgive you" and mend a relationship long broken. I can stop typing and immediately go to God in prayer. Everything that I need to be a blessing is at my fingertips even right here in this place.

Regardless of where you are, you're at the right place at the right time to be a blessing.

We often think about being in the right place at the right time to receive a blessing. I completely understand that. We all have moments where our thoughts are only of ourselves, but I want you to think beyond that. Think about how your position can positively impact someone else.

Just today I was asked if I still wanted to be a social worker. I responded yes and no. I want to be a social worker, however I know that I am at the right place at the right time to be a blessing to the children that I serve. I'm at a place where I am challenged to put the needs of others before my own everyday. It is difficult at times. I have had moments where I wanted to give up. However, if I leave and God hasn't told me to leave, someone will miss out on what God had for them. It could be that I am to be used to shine the light for someone who hasn't seen God. It could even be that in the midst of it all God has someone positioned right where I am to shine His light for me.

Regardless of where you are, you're at the right place at the right time to be a blessing.


Adayinthelife :-)




No comments: