Sunday, February 21, 2016

Quitting Is Not An Option

I have had a great deal of challenges in my life. I think about the things that have happened and I am amazed that I am where I am. today I have wanted to throw in the towel so many times, but I couldn't. I couldn't give up. I couldn't quit because through everything I always had hope.

Now I don't want anyone to think that I haven't had my throw in the towel moments. I remember when I dropped out of college. The months preceding were filled with two losses that I hadn't been able to move past. I hurt in such a way that I wanted everything to quit. I wanted to press pause on my life and just sit inside of my room and cry. For a while that's what I did. I sat there crying my eyes out because I couldn't see past the moment. Then, as I was crying, I asked God why He allowed this to happen to me. I told Him I couldn't go forward and there was no reason to because everything in my life was a mess. Even as I talked and prayed to Him, doing all that I could to express why I was quitting, He was saying to me there's hope. He was assuring me that as long as I came back to Him, as long as I trusted Him, as long as I allowed Him to heal me, quitting was not an option.

Truth is I didn't officially quit college. I went through every motion that signaled I was quitting. I even went through a period where I just stopped going to class. However, I always knew deep down that quitting was not an option. College was not just for me. It was for my family. Quitting was not an option for me because if I did, they could quit too. God gave me hope so that I could be hope for someone else.

Isn't it amazing how God works? He puts hope inside of us so that we can deposit it in others. He puts hope in us so that we can move forward even when things are falling apart. He puts hope in us so that we will always remember that in the midst of it all, He's there.



Adayinthelife :-)








No comments: