Thursday, January 20, 2011

Introspective

I spent a few hours last night talking to my friend Pnut. He is the one who really knows how to cut through all of the drama. He is the one who causes me to be introspective. Our conversation wasn't about me at all, but it made me want to know how I would feel walking around in his shoes. How would I feel if I had to face the decisions he has? How would my life be different if I'd made some of the choices he made?

I went to bed thinking about the things that I have accomplished. I wondered about the things that have been just left on the table. I thought most about the fact that they have all been my choices. Now, the last statement holds for me so much more meaning than I care to elaborate on this morning. Of course they were my choices, but I never realized that I chose them all. Not one chose me. It is an amazing discovery that has me wondering what will happen on this day and the next. What will happen now that I no longer plan to choose?

No comments: