Monday, April 18, 2011

Look Both Ways Before You Walk

So this morning has been nuts! It all started out with this guy at my job. He is a pretty nondescript person in general. I see him quite often and it's never anything to write home to mom about. Today, as I walked out of the office, I walked right into him. Wow! Was about all I could say. It was like seeing him for the very first time. It was a perfect package. I was pretty much speechless.

So much so that I walked to my room in an almost fog. The fog lifted when a young man hit me in my face. Yes, I said he hit me. He hit me hard. It was a direct blow to my left eye. It was horrible, but it was also an accident. LOL! I was so busy just walking along that I walked right into the path of him lifting his arms. I was so surprised that I just stood there for a moment holding my face. He was very apologetic about the whole thing. We both actually looked like we were near tears. I because of the throbbing eye and he because he really was a nice kid. I guess the moral of the story is something that we all learned as kids. Look both ways before you walk!

No comments: