Friday, April 12, 2013

I'm Not Perfect, But I'm Perfect For You

I'm Not Perfect, But I'm Perfect For You. This is both line and title of a Grace Jones song. A song that has been playing in my head now for days. It's jukebox 80's edition.  I tell you when I sat to write this, the song appeared to have no bearing on the topic. The thing is, Grace just might have been on to something. I'm not perfect, but I'm perfect for you(God).

Thanks to Adam, Eve, and that wretched apple I alone lack the power to be perfect. Perfect means to be flawless without fault or defect. Candy Brooks can be just as nice as she wants to be, but flawless??? Most certainly not. Regardless of that, I am perfect. I'm perfect because I attend church services, I am a faithful tithe payer, I feed the homeless as well as my hungry friends, and I am a minister. Now before you prepare your rebuttal, I am just kidding. I actually do all of those things, but my perfection doesn't stem from my ability to follow religious routines or practice random acts of kindness. I am perfect because I have Jesus in me.

I am so certain that at least one of you chuckled or just outright laughed, but this is real talk. When I gave my life to God, I became the perfect person for Him. My perfection is a manifestation of His ability to make all of my weaknesses strengths. My perfection is solidified by my commitment to seek Him, open myself to Him, and rest in Him. My perfection is in the fact that I am made in His likeness and image. My perfection is in in His command. "Be ye therefore perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect." So if you wanna be perfect like me, get Jesus down on your insides.

Adayinthelife:-)

No comments: