Monday, April 1, 2013

Temptation-Tyler Perry

If you haven't seen the movie, you should. You don't have to worry about reading this and having me spoil it. There will be no spoilers here just some self reflection.

I will admit that a large part of me wanting to see the movie was the incessant commercials with the clip of the Rhianna song. They totally bewitched me. I have no clue what the song says beyond the bars of the said commercial, but it was money well spent. Seeing the movie gave me an opportunity to think about how easy it is to get caught up. The need for validation and attention is so strong that at times I have failed to operate like a woman in love should. Lately, I have been a little clueless when it comes to the intent of more than one man. I kind of take for granted that people will respect my relationship. The reality is a person will only respect your relationship if you require them to. How can you blame someone for trying when you are flashing the yellow caution sign instead of the bright red STOP?

The thing is I do blame them. I blame them because I can remember a time when a girl and a guy could just be friends. I blame them because I shouldn't have to constantly say I need you to respect what I have going on. One time should be more than enough. But it's not. This makes me extremely sad because it means I have to shut myself off from people. I don't get to have new male friends. No, this was not an edict from my Mr. It is a choice that I've made because I do love him. I love him enough to prioritize what's good for me and what's essential for us. I love him so much that just writing it made me smile and then lose my train of thought.

Adayinthelife:-)

No comments: