Friday, October 25, 2013

Coming Out of the Dark

2 Corinthians 6:17-18 NIV

Therefore, “Come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you.”    And, “I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.”

I had this great concept for my post today but then I got sidetracked because someone unfriended me on Facebook. I will admit to spending about 20 minutes trying to figure out who it was. Who decided to unfriend me on Facebook????

Well, I couldn't figure it out so I'm forced to explain why it's so important in the first place. I was unfriended right after I posted about Halloween. Math is not my subject, but l can put 2 and 2 together. The person found my post offensive. It was so divisive that I receive the dreaded unfriend. Guess what? I'm okay with that.

You see the bible tells me to come out from among them and be separate. It tells me to not be yoked with unbelievers so if my posting what thus saith the Lord means we cannot be friends. Okay.

Halloween has become sacred. It is the treasured holiday of both saint and sinner. So beloved is Halloween that Christians search high and low for creative ways to participate without looking like they believe in Halloween. The common phrase is "we're having a fall festival" or " we're just having some neighborhood kids come to a party at the house". Come out from among them says the Lord our God.

He tells us in 1 Peter 2:9 NIV

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

A chosen people does not look for ways to fit in with the world. A holy nation has to stand out. Happy Halloween is not declaring the praises of God and He is the light.

I wasted enough of my days in darkness. I cannot pretend that Halloween lines up with living a life for God. I cannot pretend celebrating it does not distinguish my light.

I urge you Christians, atheists, sinners, saints to stop disconnecting from the Truth and get connected with the Light.

Adayinthelife :-)


No comments: