Friday, October 4, 2013

In The Day That You Seek Him

Have you ever found yourself sitting on the sidelines of life? Maybe you were the star football player who was benched after losing favor with the head coach. Or the straight A student who couldn't earn a good grade with the new teacher. Perhaps you were the president of the company who was ousted in a corporate takeover. In my case, I was the one who was so depressed that I forgot how to function.

I dropped out of college despite being on scholarship. I quit my job. I did nothing except sit around day in and day out waiting for something to happen.
In many ways, I was like the man who sat for years by the pool at Bethesda. The bible says in   John 5:2-7 NIV

Now there is in Jerusalem near the Sheep Gate a pool, which in Aramaic is called Bethesda and which is surrounded by five covered colonnades. Here a great number of disabled people used to lie—the blind, the lame, the paralyzed.  One who was there had been an invalid for thirty-eight years. When Jesus saw him lying there and learned that he had been in this condition for a long time, he asked him, “Do you want to get well?”    “Sir,” the invalid replied, “I have no one to help me into the pool when the water is stirred. While I am trying to get in, someone else goes down ahead of me.”

This man sat year after year for 38 years knowing that if he could make it into the pool his life would change.

I did the same thing. I knew that if I would move that my life would change. I knew that if I picked myself up and asked God for help that He would hear me. But, I didn't. I didn't because every time I thought about where I was in life I allowed what everyone else was doing to hold me back. They graduated first so I might as well sit here. Sit and wait for someone to trouble the waters.

Well I thank God for releasing me from that. I thank God that He allowed me to see that if I took one step toward Him, He would take an even bigger one towards me. His word tells us that when we seek Him, He will be found. My advice to you is to get up and start looking for Jesus. That's the only way to find your help.

Adayinthelife:-)

No comments: