Thursday, November 20, 2014

When In Need Of A Breakthrough

I'm trying and trying.
I need to get out.
When in need of a breakthrough,
I scream and I shout.

I scratch and I claw
with all of my might.
I am relentless until
I win the fight.

First I take stock of all
the things that I've lost.
It may seem like a quick overview,
but I'm counting the cost.

I'm thinking. I'm looking.
I'm doing my very best to find.
Everything that has been taken from me
I want what is mine.

When my joy has been taken
When I can' t find my way
When my hope has been shattered
When I don't know the words to pray

When I've tried to reach out
And my friends turn a deaf ear
When I've said Father can you hear me?
And I can't feel God's presence near

When I've come to the edge
of giving up hope
I'm about tired of looking for answers
and I have lost the will to cope

I take inventory of what's missing.
I grab hold of my own hand.
I take a step forward into the darkness.
I am careful to make sure that I stand.

I stand on the promises
that God has already made.
I will not leave you nor forsake you.
The price for your life I have already paid.

Hold your peace and I will fight for you.
Look to Me to supply your every need.
Believe in Me and I will save you.
Trust in My words to set you free.

I will heal you. I will restore you.
I will comfort you when death draws near.
I will wash away the stench of sin.
I will dry every one of your tears.

I have made you in My image.
I have appointed you a child of the King.
I have made My grace sufficient
to cover everything.

His words are what I look to
to breathe into me new life.
When I'm in need of a breakthrough
I remember God has had my back the whole time.




"Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:19

Adayinthelife :-)

No comments: