Monday, January 19, 2009

See the Possibilities

I don't know quite where to start. I am feeling a little tired, but I've been thinking for the past few days about where I am in my life and where I stand with some people. I have the best friends that ANYONE could ever hope for. One of them is responsible for my present calm. In case you didn't know, I love Marcie Ryan. Marcie is the kind of person who few people appreciate in the right way.

I met Marcie in homeroom class in the 9th grade. Nothing that happened then prepared me for the way I feel about her now. I remember thinking that she was so upbeat all the time. I often wondered why this was. I think in a way I thought she had no problems. The truth is she has problems just like everybody else. She's suffered loss and unbelievable heartache. But, she's so strong and she's such a fighter. She takes her licks and gets right back up to do it all again just because she believes that there is something good in this world just for her.

I love her and she doesn't know it, but she's helped me to be a better person. She's helped me to step outside of myself and see possibilities where I thought there were none. I can't think of the right words to really express what it is that she does for my spirit. I just felt like the world should know that she is someone special.....and not because her actions facilitated one of my best weekends in a long time (wink, wink) but because she's always there loving me and being the piece in my life that so many long to have.

No comments: