Saturday, January 31, 2009

Change Has Come

I'm moving to Atlanta and I'm sure this comes as a shock to some people. There is no easy way to explain what happened, but since someone told me they are still working on a BA, I will try not to be too deep.

In October I started feeling like I couldn't take the sitting around looking for a job anymore. I started feeling like everything was closing in on me. The bills were mounting and I didn't know what to do except pray. I kept asking God what to do and where to turn. I didn't get the answers that I felt like I wanted, but He kept showing me that He was going to take care of everything no matter how bad it seemed.

I kept feeling like I should move away for a while, but in my head I kept feeling like if I left I would be abandoning my church. I love my church. It is the place that God decided to heal me. It is the place that He has been teaching me how to live and how to love. People kept saying to me "there are churches everywhere". Those people don't understand Westcoast. It is more than a building. It is more than singing, and fellowship. It is my home. As a child, God introduced me to salvation. But what I have now is something different. It is more than I ever thought. I couldn't bear the thought of losing what I had so recently found.

Recently, I had lunch with my dear friend and mentor. God used her to set aside my fears. Again, it was not the answer that I sought, but I know that he was saying it was ok for me to go. I am extremely sad and excited all at once. I am faced with uncertainty even as I am sure of my decision. I have more to say, but sadness is winning the battle so until next time.

No comments: