Saturday, June 27, 2009

Timing Is Everything

I find myself in a bit of a pickle. I am feeling so liberated and so free. I had one of the best times this past week. I had the opportunity to share myself with a group of students. It was a part of my job. I had to teach them about work readiness. What impressed me the most was how much I was able to learn about myself by simply being open with them.

I played a game with them called my circle. The point is to share important things about yourself with the group in an effort to get to know each other. I shared something about one of my best friends. One comment led to another and another. Before the week was over I knew that those kids knew more about me than some of my closest friends. It felt great to be able to voice what was going on inside. It felt great and I thought what could be better than this?

The thing is, I've been being a bit of a coward. Life for me is great right now. It is truly an unbelievable feeling. The problem is it can be so much better. It's great, but it can be phenomenal. It can be everything that I've always imagined. I'm in position for everything that I ever thought I might want to come to pass. It is scary. It is a lesson about timing. My friend says that timing is everything and he's right. Timing is everything. You have to know when to move. You have to know when to speak. You have to know when to be patient. I know that it's time to move. The kids helped me to see when it would be time to speak. Patience....well, I'm working on that one. I feel so at peace because this is my time. This is my time. This is my time. :)

No comments: