Tuesday, September 15, 2009

It Should Be A Given

If you tell me you're saved, certain things just should be a given. I shouldn't have to cringe when I ride with you because your radio is on the hip hop/ r&b station. I shouldn't have to wonder how you know every popular song. I shouldn't have to see new pictures of you at the club. I shouldn't have to convince you to stop giving the world for all of your attention. I shouldn't have to wonder why you don't stop cursing. I shouldn't have to listen to your story about how you and your bf/gf got down. I shouldn't have to because as a Christian some things should be a given.

It should be a given that you went to church last week.
It should be a given that you spent time in prayer.
It should be a given that you paid your tithe and offering.
It should be a given that you are constantly seeking spiritual growth.
It should be a given that unmarried Christians are not having sex.
It should be a given that you no longer pepper our conversations with curse words.
It should be a given, but it's not. So maybe you should ask yourself are you really saved?

No comments: