Saturday, September 26, 2009

An Oldie But Goodie

I was laying here watching a movie and a few things started running through my mind. One of them is it's amazing to realize you've forgiven someone. It's even more amazing to realize when you feel nothing but love. There are two people who have my heart smiling. They are both my shelter. They are both my home place. They are both my best friend. She always let me be myself. The girl who screamed or the one who cried. He's the only one who knows the dream and pushes me to reach for it. There are so many things about these two people who hold my heart in their hands. When I was thinking of them I thought about a poem I wrote 10 yrs ago. When I wrote it she was the very fiber of who I was and he was someone who was yet to come. But it fits them. It fits them. Although I wrote it for someone else, I hope that they will accept it because I truly do love them.

"Because I love you" a1999candyoriginal


I love you

Without you my life would be nothing
When I met you, you changed the very way the sun appeared,
flowers smelled, and world moved for me

Before you I was lost, wandering around with no joy
You brought the most wonderful thing to my life, love
When we are apart I keep going by the pieces of you
that I carry with me

Your smile lights up my day
especially when work situations get me down
Remembering your words of encouragement
pushes me to succeed

I love you

You are my perfect angel
You have things about you that cause others to think less of you
those are the things that elevate you in my eyes
You inspire me to love as I never have before

Angel, I love you

I can not say it enough
Each time the words escape my lips
my heart swells with adoration for you

You are everything to me angel
and my heart sings

because I love you.

No comments: