Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Memories of you

A few years ago I realized that I had a new best friend. It was kind of strange because I'd had the same best friend for a decade and I never thought that there would be anything that we couldn't conquer together. When I first referred to you as my best friend it felt just like being at home. I hadn't lost my other friends. I hadn't even lost my original best friend. I had just found something that seemed to fit just so. I found balance where I was uncertain. Laughter soon replaced many tears. The tears still came....that's just my way. It was different some how. Crying used to make me feel worse. With you on the other end everything seemed like it could somehow be better. You have always been my hope. You, the optimistic one. The consummate thinker who made me feel like I could be so much more than I was.
I am so overwhelmed with happy thoughts. I am remembering the simplicity of us getting to know each other. I remember when we met but I don't remember not being friends. It's not that I don't know that there is a space in time where unfamiliarity exists. It's just we've lived...we shared so many things. And right now I'm sad beyond comprehension. I feel like I've lost my compass. My faith is what will ultimately see me through, but I keep hearing Bishop Porter singing...."memories of you are etched in my mind and I find myself thinking of you all the time. sometimes my days turn into tears because I'm not there with you."

No comments: