Thursday, August 22, 2013

Tomorrow Is Not Promised

Tomorrow is not promised
So choose to love today

There is no time to sit and ponder
The words you have to say

I love you is not hard
In word, thought, or deed

Speak up, act, do it now
This is a word that you must heed

It is not like an empty promise
That comes packaged just the right way

No, this is a solemn vow
So hear me when I say

Take the time to seek God's face
And confess all your wrongs

Ask Him to forgive you
For hiding from Him for so long

Approach Him with a pure heart
Allow the Father to see

The bruised and broken parts of you
That are hidden just beneath

The surface does not matter
No time for words for show

Cry out to Him in earnest
Because if it's fake, He'll know

He'll spit you out in disgust
And then you'll cry and weep

About the time you missed out
On giving Him your soul to keep

You'll beg Him to reconsider
Making hell your home

But He will just remind you
That you ran from Him for so long

I'll get it right when I'm older
I'm too young to give up my partying ways

When I'm 30 or maybe 40
Yeah, that's when I'll get saved

By then I'll have it all out of my system
And I can find myself a good church

I'll be like my grandma and them old ladies
That make the third row their perch

I will tithe and give my offering
I'll have good money by then that I can pay

I heard the sermon about you were soon to come
But I thought I would be okay

This is what He will let you hear
Your very own words will pick you apart

There will be no tears in heaven
So the Father won't even let you start

He will sit you there to listen
To the words you used to say

And when it's all over
He will say choose ye this day

I hope you make the right choice
I sincerely do

For tomorrow is not promised
To me or to you.

Adayinthelife:-)

No comments: