Friday, February 28, 2014

Members of His Family

I remember a time in my life when I was so sure I had to have been adopted. I didn't talk like my siblings. I didn't act like them. I constantly wondered where I'd come from because the thoughts that I had just didn't line up with everyone else's. It was a confusing time for me. I wanted to fit in, but I couldn't because I was uncomfortable.

What I just described is the reality of the Christian. We were born into one family, but have since been adopted. We can't talk like or act like people in the world. We know where our peers come from, but are constantly reminded that we come from somewhere else. We exist in a world that can never be comfortable.

God adopted us into His family by the blood sacrifice of His son Jesus. The bible tells us that though we are in this world, as children of God we cannot conform to it. The world speaks of death and commits acts of destruction, but our words are of praise and our hands are busy helping to rebuild lives. We walk in truth and our desire is to be just like Christ. We are uncomfortable in this place because our spirit longs to be reunited with our Father. So peculiar are we that we face constant persecution and ridicule.

But, we are not alone. Our belief in the blood sacrifice that Jesus made at the cross placed us in the family of the most High God. Membership in this family is not to be taken lightly. We must bear the burdens of our brothers; loving them when they have mistreated us, and praying for them when we have been used. Our commitment is to let no man come between us because we are one; one body born of Christ. The bond that we have is rooted in love, watered with patience, and fertilized with forgiveness. Our family tree consists of farmers, liars, carpenters, whore mongers, princes, thieves and Kings. To the naked eye, we may not all look alike. However, the members of this family can easily be identified because we all have been born of the spirit of God.


John 1:12-13
12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

Adayinthelife :-)

No comments: