Thursday, January 8, 2015

I've Loved You For A Thousand Years....

All week long I have been captivated by the same song. Day after day I've heard Christina Perri singing "A Thousand Years". The song was playing in my head so much that I played it several times for the students in my class. I was lost in the melody and the complexity of the lyrics while they were in awe that their teacher loved a song from the movie Twilight. I listened to the melody. I listened to the words. I took them both in like air that was revitalizing me. Even now I hear her singing...

I have died every day waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

The words to this song are a declaration of love that is so touching and sincere. I hear it and I am completely shook because this love that is sung about so sweetly is the love that many long for. It's the love that many pray would come their way. A love like this is thought to be so rare. But you and I have this love. It is the love of Jesus Christ. When we sin, it is as if He is being crucified over and over again. Yet, He still loves us. He still waits for us. He has been waiting for over a thousand years and I know He will wait for a thousand more.

I can't explain what is in my head when I hear the words of this song. I can't stop them from singing to me, calling to me, coaxing me to open my heart. Asking me to let Christ in. It's hard to explain because it's not that I haven't accepted Him. I love Him. He's my Lord, but still I have these things that separate me from Him. I'm impulsive, impatient, insensitive.... until

My every thought becomes clouded by the truth. He loved me til death, but death didn't keep Him away. I am the one that puts sin in His place. Even with my sin, His love has endured. He patiently waits for me to say "restore". He waits for me with open arms.... I hear

 And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more



If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left
Hebrews 10:26
Adayinthelife :-)

No comments: