Thursday, June 25, 2015

Sound The Alarm!

SOUND THE ALARM! SOUND THE ALARM! SOUND THE ALARM! Do I have your attention yet? Are you waiting to see just why I would scream and yell at you? Does it matter what I have to say? Will you receive it? Will you hear me or decide to just go on about your day? SOUND THE ALARM!

I can barely turn on the t.v. without another image staring at me that is contrary to what I believe. Transgender athletes and transgender children are celebrated with their own t.v. shows, magazine covers, and congratulatory posts. However, there is nothing but backlash for Christians who say God does not celebrate this. He gave us life and He makes no mistakes. SOUND THE ALARM!

Christian families are labeled as cult members for professing God and living lives that honor His word. They are vilified for refusing to date every Tom, Dick, and Harry before marriage. The world says they must be under mind control. I ask who is controlling the children of the world whose choices kept programs like 16 and Pregnant and Teen Mom going strong?

SOUND THE ALARM! The Lord God directs us to refrain from sex before marriage. Instead of celebrating that, we celebrate condoms designed to alert us for the presence of STI's. If we followed God's word, not a one of us would be risking our lives.

SOUND THE ALARM! The bible warns us to be sober minded and vigilant, but we read that and associate it with everything except refraining from having a drink. Jesus turned water into wine right? He also raised the dead and caused the blind to see. But not once in my life have my friends or I been healed when we were out drinking.

SOUND THE ALARM! It's time that we all equip ourselves for this spiritual fight. That means loving each other enough to share God's word regardless of what we feel is right. It means understanding that to grow we have to let go of the hate and embrace the truth that's in His word before it is too late. SOUND THE ALARM!

Adayinthelife :-)

No comments: