Tuesday, August 12, 2008

1st Day of Work

Today is the first day back to work for teachers. I'm awake after only three hours of sleep. I thought I would wake up, file my unemployment for the week, and go to sleep for at least a couple more hours. That's what I thought until the unemployment system would not accept my claim. It seems that the system is down and of course that means the phone number is eternally busy. I feel like I could murder someone or at least commit a petty crime.

The great news is being awake allowed me to call one of my favorite creditors. I have been trying to convince them that I am indeed unemployed for the past two months. The sweet little establishment otherwise known as Best Buy thought I just liked not paying the bill....Let's face it, I want to skip a bill just like the next guy, but I never had. Not with my favorite go to store. Best Buy has gotten me through birthdays, graduations, random Tuesdays. Anyhow, after finally convincing them that I am in fact one of the jobless Americans, I was granted approval for my unemployment claim. It's the best news I've had in a little while.

I don't know what else the first day of work holds for me, but I'll be sure to keep you posted.

Oh and am I the only one that is soooooo over the Olympics already! I'm thinking can we just move on already. And go Aaron Rodgers! You suck. So happy the Packers lost. That was a little mean, but hey I LOVE BRETT FAVRE :0

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great Candy!! Believe it or not your blog has inspired me. There's alot of things that I have been wanting to do too. I was just writing them down when checked my email and starting reading your blog posts. Before I knew it I was laughing . . .you can trust I'll be tuned into "A Day in the Life." This maybe the new best this since Girlfriends! And my new addicition too since its cancelled :(