Sunday, August 17, 2008

Ode to a bonehead

I am a bonehead. I don't mind admitting it. I went to Barnes & Noble and lost my purse. I had just put my niece in the car when I realized I'd lost it. I went back in the store and looked everywhere. I asked the clerks. I searched the faces of all of the people. I walked out defeated. I went back to the car to get my friend's cell phone. I went in again, looked around, searched the faces for suspicious or evasive action. Again I left the store defeated. I walk to the car and my friend says I hear something, but it's not ringing and I don't see your purse. I open the door and there is my purse. Sitting right next to the car seat where I left it. I am a bonehead.

I was both thankful and embarrassed. It almost ruined a perfect day. Almost made me feel like I never should have gone. I'm happy that things turned out the way they did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a bonehead. Mrs. Dodge does have a point with the things she saybut I didn't know that you actually searched everybody's face. LOL