Thursday, November 6, 2008

UNBELIEVABLE

Step into my nightmare. I woke up this morning at 6:50. I called to check my account to make sure that my trusty unemployment check was there. It wasn't. I waited impatiently until 7:30 when their office opened to figure out why not. At exactly 7:30 I called, and still had to wait 12 minutes to speak to someone. Here's where the real nightmare starts. The sweet woman on the other end tells me that my benefits have been suspended because I've been working since August 25, 2008 and not reporting my income. The problem with this scenario is IT IS NOT TRUE!!!!! Now I calmly try to explain this to her. She can not be persuaded. I am already in tears because last night I wrote a check to the church in absolute good faith. This morning the check is worthless because Susy on the other end of the phone says I should have been reporting my income.

Now the real problem is I actually work for the company in question. Only I didn't start working for them in August. I started in October. It is a tutoring company and I work 5 hours a week. I have been reporting this, but alas she still could not be persuaded. I ask her why on earth I wasn't notified that my benefits were being suspended. She told me I was notified. A letter was mailed to my house today. TODAY? TODAY? TODAY? Mail from there office always takes at least 5 days to reach me. This is truly unbelievable. Oh, and as soon as I hung up and tried to call the church to alert them Verizon Wireless interrupted me to tell me my service was disconnected for nonpayment. Have a great day.

No comments: