Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Here we go again.....

Obama is the next president! Thank you Jesus. :0
I have officially watched all of the free episodes of 90210! The world as we know it has ended :(

Seriously though, I was cautiously optimistic cuz of the whole election 2000 thing. I'm happy now though. Probably not as emotional as some. I haven't cried or screamed or anything. I actually spent the entire night watching 90210. It's not that I'm not invested. I am. This whole thing has been a long time coming. This is a day when so many of our men, black men, can see something else when they look in the mirror. Obama won and gave them the type of hope that can't be bought or encouraged. Obama won and changed the playing field for all of the little black boys whose highest aspirations were the NFL and the NBA. Obama's win will change so many things for us all as Americans, but I have to say that my heart is the most happy for the change that one man's win will mean for all of our boys.

No comments: