Thursday, June 13, 2013

Herbie Man Is The Man

Honestly, it would be easier for me to write a book about what he means to me
Each page would be filled with words, but only a few would be able to
Read between the lines and see just how much my daddy loves me
Book one or maybe book two could be the one about how
I've always felt like he was the one who held each of my dreams
Each of my fears, each of my triumphs

More than an encourager, he listens when I am hurting
And laughs with me when the mood calls for it
No one in the world can love me like you do

Is how Ms. Anita Baker said it
She must have been singing about my dad

The early morning calls to start my day
Hours and hours on the job to make sure my life was ok
Each time I think of how he put his life on the line for

Me... Daddy, daddy, daddy it all
Amazes me.
No one in the world could love me like my daddy G-O-D!

***For those who don't know, Herbie man is my earthly father. I wanted to honor him and daddy God:-)*****

Adayinthelife:-)

No comments: