Sunday, June 16, 2013

I'm A Witness

Did you ever pause to think about how God connects people? This past week one thing after the other made me think about it. A classmate posted a message on Godly marriage that I was able to share with others. The way that it touched people left me just thanking Him for His foresight. God put her and I together and it seemed to be about school. Truly it is all about Him.

Today I witnessed just how intricate God's plans for us are. I woke up this morning and went to meet the neighbors of my friend Elaine. They are a husband and wife who are expecting their first child in the coming weeks. Elaine suggested Mr. Ian as one of the father's that the ministry would surprise with gifts. I wanted to introduce myself to them before the ministry team showed up with father's day gifts. Mr. Ian and his wife were just finishing breakfast, but they welcomed me into their home as if I was a long lost friend. At that time, I thought that Mr. Ian was a little tired because he looked down. I kept my stay brief and promised to return with the ministry team and gifts in tow.

When we arrived with the gifts, he and his wife went from sad faces to beaming with joy. The smiles just went on forever. Mr. Ian said "you don't know what this means to me. Yesterday I lost my father." Finally, I understood that he had not been just a little tired.  I offered my condolences as he continued to thank us for thinking of him especially at this time. He is mourning his father, but there was such joy on his face.

We left shortly after. I drove to Walmart lost in a totally different thought and then God reminded me that I had just been a part of His perfect plan. Before I fell in love and moved to Louisiana, God had Mr. Ian in mind. God knew the day that his father would be called. God knew that the ministry would reach out to father's on father's day. God knew that Elaine and I would meet, become classmates, neighbors, and finally friends. He placed the two of us together so that she could connect me with Mr. Ian and I could be a part of what put his mind back on God. The bible says blessed are they that mourn for they shall be comforted. Today God sent comfort to Mr. Ian. I am so thankful that He allowed me to be there to witness it.

Adayinthelife:-)


No comments: