Thursday, July 31, 2014

Can You Let Him Have His Way?

If I let You have control
Is it possible that everyone would know
Just how long I've been doing this on my own?

If I let You have your way
Is it possible that today
All of my fear of failure would fade away?

If I was ready to just let go
Is it possible that my life would show
How You have not been the one I chose?

I sang songs about living life Your way
You better choose the Lord today
At least that’s what the verse made me say

But I couldn't just give You control
I wanted to, but didn't know
How You could make choices for me better than my own

If I let You have your way
Would You really save me today
Or would being with You just turn my friends away?

I am really ready to let go
I’ll read my bible and whatever else I can to show
That this time You are the one I chose

I want to live my life Your way
I’m gonna start right now, today
But just a minute I have one thing left to say

Can You and I share it, control?
It may seem strange this I know
But, that way I’m leaning on You not on my own

God help me let You have your way
I need to do this right today
But letting go takes all of me away
I think I can, but then I get in the way.

Adayinthelife :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this! -Elaine