Sunday, March 15, 2009

For Cameron

Ok so I know that you guys are like wow we are getting a ton of stuff all of a sudden. Well, I'm just inspired I guess. I love love and I love love music. If you haven't experienced the HLP Love Campaign, you are really missing out. It would be silly of me to try to put it into words so I won't.

The previous post about leaving doors cracked as opposed to closing them has been on my mind all day. I met the author of that post seven years ago. My life was changed when we met. Cameron is such a special person. There are many things that I could say about him. I love him because he's always been just Cameron. We were always comfortable with each other without pretense. It is crazy because I was meant to meet him, but it almost didn't happen.

My girlfriend was dating his brother and they were stopping through town to visit her. She was called away at the last minute and needed someone to entertain them in her absence. I didn't want to. I told her as much. I'd never met either of them and really I just did not want to rearrange my day to fit in two strange men. But she was my friend and that means that regardless of how I felt about it, it had to be done.

I remember that day just like I'm living it now. It was easy with him even from hello. He has a way about him. He's a charmer, but that isn't what stood out. It was the part of him that's underneath the smile and the good looks. I was drawn to him as I am now because he is me and I am him. I love Cameron Haney and I'm so happy that we are friends.

No comments: