Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thoughts

Today I spent the day with my niece. It was a little bit of retail therapy for her. It was therapeutic for me, but certainly for different reasons. She is a puzzling creature. She is so full of potential, but she'd rather just sit around and watch life pass her by. She is only 15 but she is already so much like many people I know. She is also me at times.

I enjoyed being with her because I was able to stop thinking about the art of being together. I've had several conversations and way too many thoughts about togetherness this week. I haven't quite figured out how to put it in a way that translates into my blog. It's like I have been dissecting my relationships. No, I'm not dissecting my male/female relationships. I'm dissecting the family dynamic, my friendships, and my acquaintances.

I feel like I'm in a good place with things I just keep remembering how things started and how some other things ended. I don't have regrets about anything. I guess its kinda like nostalgia. I can see the beginning. I can see so many things in between. It is like the memories are coming from everywhere. I don't really understand what the thoughts are all about.

I guess it could be about perspective. I have a lot of great friends, but then there are also a lot of people that I've invested in with no return. Or I invested and they just flaked out somewhere along the line. It is puzzling to me.

No comments: